Preparing for your Family session
Vaccinations can result in an unhappy/grumpy/restless baby which does not make for good photos. Please allow your child at least 3/4 days to recover from their vaccinations before your portrait session.
the day of the session
When it comes to little ones, the happier they are, the smoother the session will run.
Children are usually in the best mood earlier in the day, before they get overtired or over stimulated. Try to avoid appointments and visitors before the session if possible.
Try to make sure your little person has had a good nap (if required) and feed just before the session begins, so they're not tired, cranky or hungry during the session.
If you or your little one is feeling unwell, we must reschedule, so contact Angela as early as possible so we can move the session to when they are feeling well again.
Happy children = more photos.
what to bring with you
- Baby Wipes or a facecloth for last minute face cleans
- Hair brush, hair ties, clips if needed so hair isn't in eyes
- Disposable nappies (less bulky than reusable) if using
- Bottles/milk supplies if required
- A favourite toy that Angela can use to get your child to look towards the camera
- A couple of your child's favourite songs to play on your phone
Please note: To keep my studio healthy, outside props are not permitted in the studio. For more info on this, please see my Studio Hygiene Policy. I have a variety of props, headbands and hats to use during the session.
what to wear
- Please have everyone wearing simple and solid white/creams/light colours or black/greys/dark colours. Bring both light and dark clothing if you would like two different looks (time permitting). We'll always start with the lighter colours first unless you request otherwise and in advance.
- Avoid contrasting colours if you can help it - everyone should wear similar tones.
- Tee Shirts, tank tops, long sleeve tops are all fine - just make sure you wear something you feel you look good in.
- Try to avoid big patterns, stripes, logos on your shirt etc.
- The studio has wardrobe options for mums and babies, so book in a pre session consultation if you want to try anything on before the session.
- Please do not wear perfume on the day
Hair & Makeup
If you requested a hair or makeup service, please arrive with a clean, moisturized face and hair that has been washed and without product within the last 48 hours.
I recommend Mum arrives first to be styled and everyone else arrives when we are ready to begin the photos. There are lots of playgrounds and cafes close by to keep Dad and the kids entertained while they wait.
If you are doing your own hair and makeup, please avoid glossy lipstick and glittery eye shadows. Mattes are best for photography.
Bring lipstick with you for top ups.
Please use a little hairspray to calm down fliaway hairs.
Please remember the finer details! Skin blemishes can be easily retouched but requests to alter wardrobe, makeup, nails or hair will be sent to an editor to correct and there will be additional charges for this...it's better to get it right in real life than fix it in Photoshop!