Preparing for your Motherhood session
WHAT TO WEAR
The morning of the session, Angela recommends dressing in something loose fitting to avoid clothing marks/waist band lines on your skin.
For the session, soft flowy dresses, pretty robes, gorgeous textures like lace, chiffon and tulle... anything that you love and that shows of your bump works best!
You're also welcome to have a look through this online maternity wardrobe to view studio gowns and bodysuits available to wear. Let us know your favourites in your Motherhood Questionnaire and we'll have them ready for you to try on when you arrive.
PARTNERS AND CHILDREN
If you're including your partner or other children in your session, have them bring along a couple of outfits. One in lighter tones like whites/creams/light neutrals and another outfit in darker tones like black/grey/navy etc.
Try to keep the outfits simple without logos or lots of busy patterns.
Everyone should dress either casually or fancy - Mums in an elegant gown and Dad's rocking up in cargo shorts or ripped jeans just doesn't work together!
- If you want to show some skin, keep your skin moisturised so it's not dry and flaky. A gentle exfoliation is a good idea the day before.
- Lip balm is Mamma's best friend. Pregnancy can really dry out your lips and no one wants dry cracked lips for photos! For lovely, luscious photo-ready lips, try to remember to balm them regularly in the days leading up to your session
- Drink plenty of water and have a snack before your session so you have energy!
- A nude strapless bra is ideal, but it's also handy to bring a black and white underwear sets too for sheer gowns/underwear posing. A nude colour g-string or thong is a must if you want to wear a studio bodysuit.
- Bring a robe if you have one
- Please do not wear perfume on the day
HAIR AND MAKEUP
If you've booked a hair and makeup service for your session, please be ready for your stylist's arrival with a clean, moisturized face and clean completely dry hair.
If you are doing your own hair and makeup, please avoid high gloss lipstick and glittery eye shadows.
Bring your lipstick with you for top ups, and some hairspray to calm down last minute flyaway hairs.
REMEMBER THE FINER DETAILS
Hands will be on display when holding your bump so check everyone's nails are clean and polish isn't chipped. Skin blemishes can be easily retouched but requests to alter wardrobe, makeup, nails or hair will be sent to an editor to correct and there will be additional charges for this...it's better to get it right in real life than fix it in Photoshop!
PLEASE BE ON TIME
Please be considerate as there may be sessions booked in before or after yours. It is important you arrive on time and ready for your session. If you are more than 30 minutes late, there is not enough time to complete the session and provide a full gallery, and the session will be marked as a "no-show". The session can be rescheduled, but rebooking fees will apply.